Saturday, June 13, 2009

Senior Trip - Cruise Time



So Ali and three of her friends decided to go on a Mexican cruise for their senior trip. Then they found out they need chaperones so another mom (Sue Hoffman) and I went as chaperones. We left Monday out of Long Beach and went to Catalina the next morning. We took a power raft tour around the island and saw Bald Eagles, Blue Heron nests and little ones, lots of scenery and then got out into the middle of a pod of dolphins!! That was a blast! They swam and jumped around us for almost an hour. It made the whole trip worth it.



That nigt was formal night. Everyone cleaned up very nice. We talked a couple of lone boys into taking a picture with all six of us and then, of course, we had to take one of them with the girls. They ended up running into each other often throughout the whole cruise. There were actually a LOT of kids on this cruise on their senior trips.

When we got back to our cabin we had a letter saying that now that the swine flu danger was past, the Mexican government was going to make us dock in port the next day instead of bypassing Ensenada as we had originally planned. We were there from 9am until 10pm. We really weren't excited about taking four 18-year-old girls into Mexica so we took a tour of the blow hole and let the girls do their shopping in the open air market leading up to it. They got their fill and nobody minded not going into downtown. We got back on the ship and did ship activities for the rest of the day. (and ate a LOT!!)



Our waiters were great. They made dinner a lot of fun. I think the girls had a good time even though it did get a bit stressful with four of them sharing a cabin with only ONE outlet!! Kind of funny sometimes. We got to the airport at 10:30 am Friday and our flight wasn't until 6:10 pm. Long day but we are home and slept in late this morning and I even have my laundry about half done. It was really weird not having Jeff on the cruise. I don't know if I would do that again but it was still fun.

3 comments:

BJ Scott said...

It looks like the girls had a great time. I know it would be weird for me to go without Brent. I'm sure that took a little of the fun out of the whole deal. So glad you were able to do it tho.

Love ya,
~K.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Lucky Ali!

Brandon & Andrea Smith said...

It looks like you had so much fun. What a fun idea. I am glad you got to go Renee:)